Chromebook Orientation for Students

Chromebook Orientation for Students

As part of a new 1:1 technology initiative at Ritenour High School every RHS student will receive a Chromebook at the start of the 2016-2017 school year that they will use both in school and at home throughout the year. Students will receive their devices as part of a mandatory parent/guardian-student Chromebook orientation July 25-29, 2016.

Parents and students can expect to spend 60 to 90 minutes to complete the required orientation and distribution process, according to the following schedule. If a parent has more than one RHS child, all can come on the date of the oldest child.

• Monday, July 25, 2-6 p.m.: Oldest child in class of 2020 (upcoming freshman)
  • Tuesday, July 26, 2-6 p.m.: Oldest child in class of 2019 (upcoming sophomore)
  • Wednesday, July 27, 2-6 p.m.: Oldest child in class of 2018 (upcoming junior)
  • Thursday, July 28, 2-6 p.m.: Oldest child in class of 2017 (upcoming senior)
  • Friday, July 29, 8 a.m. –noon: Open access to families who couldn’t attend an earlier session.

Other important information relative to the distribution of Chromebooks include:

• Prior to the Chromebook orientation/distribution, students must be enrolled as an RHS student. All enrollment paperwork must be completed and approved prior to July 25, 2016, through Ritenour School District Student Services at the Administrative Center, 2420 Woodson Road.
  • There is NO COST for a student to receive a Chromebook.
  • Students will be responsible for proper care of their device.  At orientation, families will have the option of a pre-paying for a specific number of repairs. More information will be available about this option prior to orientation.
  • Parent/Guardian and student must sign and turn in a user agreement for the student to receive a Chromebook