Students voice their opinion on post election day.

Bri Mays, Online Editor

“I’m happy and optimistic about this election. For the first time in 8 years, America is seeing change. The political power has shifted in Washington D.C., in agreement with the party of the new president. I’m hopeful that both sides of Congress, the Senate, and the House of Representatives can all work together for the first time in years to fix the issues facing the U.S.” – senior Chayce Aites.

“I feel like they were both terrible options, but I’m happier with Trump versus Clinton. It makes me feel bad because everyone was rooting for Clinton and they’re all upset about the turnout.” – senior Kaylaienna Dobin.

“When I went to vote I felt a sense of empowerment; like I can make a change. Afterwards, though I felt like it didn’t mean anything. I don’t think Trump has much power, it’s all up to the House, so I don’t understand why everyone is saying he’s going to ruin America. Checks and balances are in place to prevent tyranny. ” – senior Atihrra Finerson.

“I was very surprised, but happy. I feel like even though socially he’s not that popular in the most positive way, he’s still going to be a strong president. I think it shouldn’t matter if the candidate you are voting for doesn’t win because you’re still doing your civic duty. Think about it, if people thought their candidate wouldn’t win, they wouldn’t vote.” – senior Morgan Coffey.

“Witnessing the results the first thing I thought of was fear – fear for people with disabilities, fear for people of minority, and fear for women. I was disgusted that he represents the value of the American people. Seeing him as our new president is disappointing, it shows how unconcerned Americans are about minorities. Not being able to vote was very upsetting. I understand the process, however, I feel like I missed out on something that was crucial to my own future.” – senior Keyanna Savage.