Five Huskies sign on National Signing Day

Bailey Stock, Staff Reporter

Wednesday morning, five football players were given the opportunity to further their athletic careers into the collegiate level.

Senior wide receiver Jean Claude (JC) Biayi signed with Willliam Jewell College.

“I chose to sign to William Jewell College because I really liked the atmosphere there, all of the students know each other, and the football program is rising, so I really wanted to be a part of that,” Biayi said.

Senior offensive lineman Tyrel Slack committed to Missouri Baptist University.

“I’m looking forward to Missouri Baptist because it is really close, they are very welcoming, and I know they will help me grow up to be a man, ” Slack said.

Senior running back Rashad Hughes signed to play with Southeast Missouri State University next season.

“I picked SEMO because I wanted to find a school that fit my major. I did not want to just go to any school just for football since football does not last forever,” Hughes said.

Lastly, senior wide receiver TJ Ball and senior running back Carl Garmon both chose to further their football careers at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M.

“I am really looking forward to the competition,” Ball said.

Garmon said that the situation at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M best suited his needs.

“I chose to commit to NEO because it was best for my family, especially my mom. Also, when I visited, it felt like home. The coaches treated me very well,” Garmon said.

Before the official signing occurred, varsity football coach Hoyt Gregory gave a very emotional speech regarding his thoughts about his four years with these players coming to an end.

“I watched these guys grow up mentally and physically,” Gregory said. “They have worked hard in the classroom, weight room, and on the football field.”