Business affairs

Business+affairs

Carcea Carr, Online Editor

On April 25, the Business Department, led by teachers Kelly Holloway, Joelle McIntosh, and Cheryl Jolly-Luster,held the first business meeting with business mentors, finance consultants, and many school officials, who shared their understanding of what it takes to be successful in the business. Business students were selected to attend the meeting because they exhibited a dedication to learning more about what it takes to be on top.

Apart of the day was a business students sharing their classroom projects during a fair. Students hosted the fair to expose to the school and the community, various careers in technology, to enhance their public speaking and presentation skills, and build confidence in their work.

“I enjoyed getting feedback from the community, and seeing students shine in the area that is important to them, we are very proud of our students and the results they have shown us.” Kelly Holloway said.

Students were able to take a valuable lesson with them home. Students learned how to network, make connections with adults, and most importantly that their careers will be important because business is everywhere!

“I loved the intimacy of the groups, meeting new people and seeing others show off there projects.” Senior Katie Bonner said.

The fair went so well the professionals scheduled another meeting for May 10th because of the potential they see in Ritenour’s student life.