The student news site of Ritenour High School.

Ritenour Live

Ritenour Live

Ritenour Live

New website rolling out to Ritenour community

Connect will bring together current students and Ritenour alumni to create professional mentors

Ritenour is launching a new innovative website that will allow current students to connect with alumni to talk about their chosen career path. 

Ritenour alumnus and current RHS IT department member Fortuna Kadima is the creator of Connect, and he hopes to use Ritenour’s resources to help current students gain opportunities for their future. 

“The program will connect current students to alumni on their desired path. We want to bridge that gap between them,” Kadima said. “We are implementing this program to give Ritenour students a head start with post-grad life.”

The website, connectalum.com, will go live on November 1, and current and former students will need to sign up to become involved in the program. 

The target audience is the greater Ritenour community,” Kadima said. “Any student or staff member can join the platform but alumni have to be approved to join.”

Assistant Superintendant of Secondary Education Bruce Green and Superintendant Chris Kilbride both approved the program. As the program starts to become a reality, the district has started putting out information to the students to get them excited.  

Included in this information is a contest that allows students to win prizes including a PS5, iPad, Apple Watch, Airpod Maxes, and iMacs. Kadima is trying to create a buzz amongst students to allow as many people to take advantage of this opportunity as possible.

Links to the websites contain articles about the importance of mentors for high school students and the fact that a mentor can help high school graduates have more immediate success.  

“This will help the Ritenour community because it will provide a mentorship opportunity for alumni and students to take advantage of,” Kadima said.