Ten Questions with – Track athlete Joi Gaffney

Jessica Steele, Staff Writer

Throughout the spring sport season Ritenour Live will be spotlighting each of the sports teams

Varsity Track Athlete- Junior Joi Gaffney 

1. What has been the hardest meet so far?

“ The hardest meets was festus, the first meet.”

2. How do you like the new coaches?

“The new coaches, I love them, they come with a different approach to track they work us hard and do what they need to do to make us better.”

3. What is Your favorite event to run?

“The 4×1 because it is the quickest one.”

4. What is most important for future track members to know?

“It’s not easy, It’s not going to be a trip down the yellow brick road. It takes a lot of hard work, and lots of dedication and loyalty, it’s very time consuming as well.”

5. What is a typical track practice like?

“Two laps to warm up, we go through static stretches and dynamics, we go through hard intensive workouts that feel like it takes forever to get through them but they go by so fast in time but they are very intensive and hard. rarely do we get easy days.”

6. What achievements look promising for girls track?

“I think we are going to have more than one girl go to state, maybe four or five of us.”

7. What events has the Ritenour girls track team placed in?

“our relays are placing the most”

8. What track workout is the hardest?

“Striding  eighty percent, a three hundred then sprinting the last one hundred. so four hundred workouts those are really hard you have to push your self a lot.”

9. What is the best way to balance a track schedule?

“track schedule balance it? umm.. plan everything after track practice nothing before or during, missing one day of track practice feels like missing an entire week you feel like you get set so behind so if you have to do anything make sure you do it after practice.”

10.What are your teammates like?

“ My teammates they’re hard workers we have a lot of good freshmen the are putting in good work. There are some girls that slack but we have so many hard workers on our team.”