Senior staffers final farewell

Senior Alaina Hall muses on her time at Ritenour

Alaina Hall, Reporter

After four years of countless memories and countless struggles, I know that I will miss each and every one.

From the hallway traffic jams to the numerous times I have stared at the clock in class, I know that I will miss each and every time it’s happened. From the start of the clear backpack rule to the very last fire alarm, I know that I will miss having to think about the size of my purse or the writing on my shirt.

Some days I look back at all the hours I have sat at a certain desk and think about all the great times I have made sitting there. Specifically the paper claws I made my sophomore year, which were abandoned into the trash can, not twenty minutes later, with the reason, “you can make anything into a weapon these days.”

Another event which will forever be etched in my memory is the time I had my first Jazz Band class. I had no idea what I was doing and I had just started playing the bass the previous semester. I walked into the class and sat down with the trumpets, not even my own section mind you, and had to make that awkward walk over to my section while everyone watched.

I thoroughly enjoyed Jazz Band because I got ample opportunities to hang out with friends and make some of the best stuff on earth—besides food—which is music. All the while I got to annoy Dr. Bell and Mr. Haux by requiring caffeine in the morning, even though food and drinks are not allowed in the new part of the building. My excuse was that in order to make beautiful music I needed to be awake!

Now without further adieu, I would like to make some special thanks. Thank you to Mrs. Bassett and Mrs. Campbell who were my orchestra teachers, and Mr. Haux, my marching band, jazz band, and pit orchestra teacher. Thanks to all of my math, science, English and history teachers who dealt with me, even when I slept in class, refused to do my work, scrambled to finish my work, and then after a few deserved bad looks, graded my work. The world does not know how great these teachers can be, and the fact that I am graduating is evidence enough.